Annually, the flu impacts workers in $16.3 billion in lost wages and $10.4 billion in medical bills, according to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Foundation. Approximately 60% of reported flu hospitalizations are adults 18 to 64 (the average age range of workers).
What can employees do to avoid spreading germs?
- Get vaccinated each year.
- Encourage others to get vaccinated.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home from work when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
Want to learn more?
Be sure to visit the CDC’s Flu Prevention Infographic for complete details on prevention, business challenges, business benefits, and action steps you can take now.