Lavina Tang, the current Vice President of ASGRC has extended an invitation to Green River administrators and staff to join students for a luncheon on Wednesday, February 24th from 12 pm to 1 pm. According to Lavina, the event is intended to, “allow administrators to better understand students and to give students the opportunity to get to know their administrators and ask questions.”
The luncheon will be held in the River Room of the new Lindbloom Student Center and will feature food and refreshments.
Lavina has provided a few questions to help facilitate conversation:
- How long have you worked at Green River?
- Why did you choose to work at Green River?
- What places to visit are on your bucket lists?
- If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
- What were some of the challenges you faced as a college student, and how are these challenges different now?
- What would you do differently if you could go back to college?
- Are there things outside of Green River you are passionate about, and what are they and why?
- How would you describe your leadership or teaching style?
- What was your major in college?
- Why did you choose that major?
Lavina has also advised that staff may be met with some tougher questions about finances and tensions with faculty. However, the event is meant to be positive and will hopefully result in a closer connection between staff and students overall.