Forwarded on behalf of ACT Awards Committee Chair Joanne Schwartz (Centralia College), Diana Clay, (Edmonds CC) Karen Seinfeld, (Bates Tech. College) Jackie Rosenblatt, ( Pierce District) and Lisa Parker, (Yakima Valley CC)
Our Community and Technical colleges touch the lives of thousands of people throughout our state. It’s impossible to count the ways the colleges affect students, graduates, employees, volunteers, employers and members of the community This is your opportunity to nominate someone who has been outstanding in our CTC system and deserves special recognition; these awards are ACT’s way of saying ‘thank you’ for the fantastic job people do day in and day out in service to these colleges and their students. A special awards ceremony and dinner will be held on May 12, 2016 during ACT’s spring convention hosted by Bellevue College. Additionally all nominees will be forwarded to ACCT for consideration of national recognition at the ACCT Congress this year in New Orleans.
On behalf of your ACT Awards committee I am pleased to announce we are now accepting nominations for the following awards:
- The Trustee Leadership Award recognizes an individual trustee who has made a significant contribution to promote the community and technical college system.
- The Equity Award recognizes exemplary commitment to achieve equity in the development, administration and delivery of educational programs and services in the community and technical college system.
- The Chief Executive Officer Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership in furthering the mission of community and technical colleges.
- The Partner of the Year Award recognizes a business, company, agency, organization or elected official for donating time and/or resources in support of the community and technical college mission.
- The Faculty Member Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated excellence in teaching in the community and technical college system.
- The Professional Staff Member Award recognizes an individual who provides exemplary service in the community and technical college system.
I invite you to contact me at 360-269-4968 (c), members of the Awards Committee (listed below), Kim Tanaka (360-704-4307 or email@example.com), or Nanette Angel (360-704-4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org) you have questions, comments, or suggestions. By working together, we can continue to recognize those who deserve our thanks for helping to make the community and technical colleges a smart investment.
The deadline for submission of nominations is April 8 2016.