Situations occur on campus, which may be suspicious or potentially harmful to members of the college community or its property. Often it is unclear whether or not these situations warrant a call to the police.
The Red Flag Information Reporting System exists for these cases.
It allows faculty, staff and students to “send up a red flag” for “anything that is witnessed, observed, or participated in.”
Green River’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) will receive the notice, assess the situation and take appropriate action.
Remember, this system does NOT serve as a replacement for emergency notification systems. In a true emergency, please call 9-1-1 from any phone on campus before you submit a red flag.
To submit a red flag, go the main greenriver.edu webpage:
- Go to Home » About Us » Campus Safety » Red Flag Information Reporting System
- Click on the red flag icon:
- Fill in the details of the incident to the best of your ability. The right side of the page contains useful hints regarding the information the system is looking for.
- Follow the directions at the bottom in order to provide attachments, information about the parties involved, and your own contact information.
- You can also log back in to update a red flag that you previously submitted in the event that the situation has changed.
*Again, this system is NOT a replacement for dialing 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency. If you are unsure, feel free to contact campus safety at extension 3350 for further guidance.