Accidents happen at work and can sometimes lead to debilitating injuries like stubbed toes or worse!
Here are a few key points to keep in mind when this occurs:
- Seek medical attention if needed!
- Report your injury to your supervisor and Campus Safety or HR as soon as humanly possible.
- Complete an Accident/Incident Report Form, and forward it to Campus Safety.
Our College is insured through the Department of L&I, and your physician will initiate the worker’s compensation process. During your first visit, request copies of the following, and deliver them to Human Resources:
- Completed Report of Industrial or Occupational Disease
- Completed Activity Prescription Form (APF)
If you need to miss work, it is your responsibility to contact your supervisor and payroll to coordinate appropriate leave.
Please contact Chernenko Wheatley, Employee & Labor Relations Manager, with any questions.