The Employee Recognition Committee is calling for nominations for the 2016 Outstanding Staff Award!
The Outstanding Staff Award is “designed to provide formal recognition of Green River employees who, by their noteworthy performance and accomplishments during the year, contribute significantly to Green River. The award also recognizes staff members for modeling behavior that furthers Green River’s Mission and Values.”
The awards were first presented in 1989, starting with Shirley Benson, Green River’s original switchboard operator.
Last year’s award recipients were:
- Carla Kane, Business Office
- Cindy Olson, Custodial Services
- Lois Ermish, Faculty Support Services
- Richard “Doug” Douglas, Technology Division
You can find the nomination form here: 2016 Outstanding Staff Award
The Employee Recognition Committee will continue to call for nominations in a variety of ways. Nominations are due by Friday, June 24th and will be awarded Opening Day this Fall.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and suggestions.
Forwarded on behalf of ACT Awards Committee Chair Joanne Schwartz (Centralia College), Diana Clay, (Edmonds CC) Karen Seinfeld, (Bates Tech. College) Jackie Rosenblatt, ( Pierce District) and Lisa Parker, (Yakima Valley CC)
Our Community and Technical colleges touch the lives of thousands of people throughout our state. It’s impossible to count the ways the colleges affect students, graduates, employees, volunteers, employers and members of the community This is your opportunity to nominate someone who has been outstanding in our CTC system and deserves special recognition; these awards are ACT’s way of saying ‘thank you’ for the fantastic job people do day in and day out in service to these colleges and their students. A special awards ceremony and dinner will be held on May 12, 2016 during ACT’s spring convention hosted by Bellevue College. Additionally all nominees will be forwarded to ACCT for consideration of national recognition at the ACCT Congress this year in New Orleans.
On behalf of your ACT Awards committee I am pleased to announce we are now accepting nominations for the following awards:
- The Trustee Leadership Award recognizes an individual trustee who has made a significant contribution to promote the community and technical college system.
- The Equity Award recognizes exemplary commitment to achieve equity in the development, administration and delivery of educational programs and services in the community and technical college system.
- The Chief Executive Officer Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership in furthering the mission of community and technical colleges.
- The Partner of the Year Award recognizes a business, company, agency, organization or elected official for donating time and/or resources in support of the community and technical college mission.
- The Faculty Member Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated excellence in teaching in the community and technical college system.
- The Professional Staff Member Award recognizes an individual who provides exemplary service in the community and technical college system.
I invite you to contact me at 360-269-4968 (c), members of the Awards Committee (listed below), Kim Tanaka (360-704-4307 or email@example.com), or Nanette Angel (360-704-4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org) you have questions, comments, or suggestions. By working together, we can continue to recognize those who deserve our thanks for helping to make the community and technical colleges a smart investment.
The deadline for submission of nominations is April 8 2016.
Posted on behalf of Green River College Foundation.
We are pleased to announce the following seven finalists for the 2015 Green River College Foundation Distinguished Faculty Awards:
Cast Your Vote Before June 3rd
Voting is open to all employees and goes through 5 pm on Wednesday, June 3rd. The 2015 Distinguished Faculty Recipients will be announced on Monday, June 8th and formally presented at Commencement on Friday, June 12th at Showare Center. To vote, click on Distinguished Faculty Award, where you can read about each finalist and follow the instructions for voting.
You can vote for up to three finalists. If you are logged on to the network, the system will recognize you. Once you hit submit, the system will not allow you to vote again.
If you have difficulty, contact the IT Help Desk and they can help get you logged on properly to enable you to vote. You can contact Josh Gerstman via email or at ext. 3384 with additional questions.
Faculty Awards Committee
The faculty awards review committee was comprised of Past Recipients Vik Bahl and Sidney Weldele Wallace, administrative representative Christie Gilliland, Foundation Board representative Marv Nelson, and student representatives Rick Snell and Mason Archuleta. Megan Evans and Josh Gerstman from the development office facilitated the process and Anthony White helped develop the info/voting page on the website.
P.S. Nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Outstanding Staff Awards. Nominations are due by Thursday, June 4th.