From the desk of Marshall Sampson, Vice President of Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Happy New Year and welcome back to those of you who weren’t here during the break! Whether you were here or not, I hope that you saw my very important email regarding the Annual Drug Free Schools & Communities Act Notice for employees of Green River College. It had all sorts of information which is now available on our website at: https://www.greenriver.edu/campus/human-resources/drug-free-schools-and-communities-act/
As a form of enticement to get our readership up, anyone who correctly responded by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, January 3rd with the correct answers was placed in a drawing with one winner from each employee group (Full-Time Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Classified Staff, and Exempt Staff) winning a $5 Starbucks Gift Card donated by me:
- By RCW, it is prohibited to sell or misrepresent a substance as an illicit drug. Any person who violates the RCW shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a CLASS C FELONY.
- The possible side effects of narcotics are euphoria, drowsiness, nausea, respiratory depression. There are eight narcotics listed. The seventh is FENTANYL.
- The phone number for the Employee Assistance Plan is 877-313-4455.
- In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug-free Schools and Communities Act (As amended in 1989), Green River college has a policy statement which reads in part, “Employees must, as a condition of working on any Green River College contract or grant, abide by the terms of this statement; and notify the employee’s supervisor not later than FIVE (5) days after any conviction for a criminal drug statute violation that occurred in the workplace.”
- Sending this email is Marshall’s ___________ part of his job.
I will admit that you all had creative answers. Nobody got the last one correct but there were some great guesses out there. Also, I appreciate those of you who included bonus points and other creative ways in an attempt to become one of the winners. It may have worked. The winners are:
Yvonne Huang – Classified
Krish Mahadevan – Faculty
Leslie Soule – Adjunct Faculty
Adrienne Palmer – Exempt
Shirley Bean – Admin
Please stop by AD-17 to pick up your gift card.