Posted on behalf of Sheryl Gordon
MetLife’s website and customer service phone lines have experienced high visitor and call volumes, and many members have reported being unable to complete their life insurance transactions online or get through to a customer service representative.
To ensure that PEBB Program subscribers can take advantage of this special, one-time open enrollment opportunity, the deadline for life insurance only has been extended. Subscribers now have until midnight on December 16, 2016, to take action.
This open enrollment extension only pertains to MetLife’s life insurance benefits effective January 1, 2017. This is NOT an open enrollment extension to make other PEBB Program benefit changes for 2017.
MetLife’s website is likely to remain busy. To ensure that your life insurance enrollment or changes are received by MetLife by December 16, 2016, please don’t wait!
You have two options:
- Go to MetLife’s website at www.mybenefits.metlife.com/wapebb to create an account. At the home page, type in PEBB and then click on PEBB Benefits – State of Washington and continue to register. Once you’ve enrolled in or made changes to your life and/or accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, print your confirmation page and keep it for your records. OR
- Complete and print the MetLife Enrollment/Change Form – Enrollment Period from November 1, 2016 – November 30, 2016. You can either mail this form to the address shown on the bottom of page 1 or fax it to MetLife at 1-859-825-6719. Please keep a copy of your form or the accepted fax transmission for your records. (MetLife will disregard the enrollment period shown at the top of this form.)
Please review the MetLife Frequently Asked Questions on the MetLife website.
Use the MetLife Life Insurance Calculator to determine how much life insurance you need.
Review the Support, Planning and Protection Advantages MetLife offers. These benefits include:
- grief counseling
- face-to-face will preparation
- solutions for continuing workplace coverage and more.
*Although the MetLife deadline has been extended to December 16, there is no reason to wait!
Posted on behalf of Sheryl Gordon
MetLife is the PEBB Program’s new life insurance carrier in 2017
The Health Care Authority (HCA) recently partnered with MetLife to provide increased life insurance benefits to eligible Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program members starting January 1, 2017.
Concurrent with the PEBB Program’s open enrollment, MetLife will hold a special, one-time open enrollment opportunity that will allow many PEBB Program subscribers to enroll in or increase their supplemental life insurance or supplemental accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance from November 1-30, 2016.
Some of the benefit changes for 2017 include:
- Employer-paid, basic life insurance for employees will increase from $25,000 in 2016 to $35,000 in 2017. Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance will remain at $5,000. This increase is at no cost to the employee;
- Many PEBB members will be able to enroll in or increase their amount of life insurance during MetLife’s Open Enrollment (up to $500,000) without health questions and/or medical exams;
- Eligible employees can apply for amounts over $500,000 up to $1,000,000 with health questions and/or medical exams;
- Also changes in supplemental life insurance options for children and for retirees.You will receive much more information in your PEBB Program “For Your Benefit” newsletter which PEBB will send out on September 13th to all PEBB Program members.
You will receive much more information in your PEBB Program “For Your Benefit” newsletter which PEBB will send out on September 13th to all PEBB Program members
OR READ MORE NOW
Did you know that if you leave Green River College you can stay enrolled in 100%, 75%, 50%, or 25% of the total amount of your Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance coverage under the portability provision until you reach age 70 by “porting” – without providing Evidence of Insurability?
You can apply to continue your terminated Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance until age 70 if certain conditions are met. You may elect to decrease your coverage continued under the Portability provision; however, you will not be eligible to increase it.
You must apply to continue your coverage under the portability provision within 31 days (60 days if you are retiring) of the date your insurance terminates.